Monday, June 14, 2010

Friday June 18: Art Show Opening @ Azucarera

*Just heard about this one from a friend of the artist. Looks great. Read the details below, from the artists mouth straight here to the blog*


"The Misadventures of MC Tingbudong, which will take place from June 18th – July 6th, 2010. The show will take place at Azucarera, located at 414 W. 145th Street in New York City. I hope that every one can join me in Harlem to celebrate the exhibition’s opening night on the evening of June 18th at 7 PM.

I spent the previous year as a Fulbright Scholar, researching Hip hop culture in Beijing. During my study, I was tasked to compile a multimedia ethnography on the four pillars of hip hop and their local practitioners: emceeing, breakdancing, graffiti & dj’ing. After spending a year as an embedded researcher in Beijing’s Hip Hop scene, I have since taken this volume of photos, film & sociological anecdotes to present as a multimedia exhibit in galleries and schools in New York and Beijing, including the Speakeasy series and the Trinity International Hip Hop Festival. For those of you who have not had the chance to see my work, please take a moment to check out my website at www.jamnopeanut.com."

Info: Style By Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment